Saturday, March 24, 2012

What she said to herself ---1809

I am experiencing an indescribable pain,
Though my mind feels numb with grief,
I can't believe this has happened again...
Should I feel sad, or glad with relief?

Tonight I've let you go,
Though you were never mine...
Tonight we're one our own again
And I tell myself it will be fine.

Oh how I loathe the line.

If everything happens for the best...
why do some things happen at all?
Why are such sorts thrust upon me,
Who leave an after-taste of bitter gall?
Why do some people appall?
WHy do I warm up so easy?
Why can't I be cold and stiff?
Why do I have so much love within,
Waiting to be lavished on those
Who never seem to ...

5 comments:

M said...

...Who never seem to know
That I am not just an Anne
Awaiting her Gilbert Blythe
But a person who dreams of love
And on awaking dreams again.

<3

dryad said...

Lovely...
For Gilbert Blythe comes in many guises,
Many shades, and indeed,
Many shapes and sizes...
He need not be a doctor
He need not be a school chum
But he should at least know
When he is making me glum

M said...

hahaha!
So general telepathy! xD!!

dryad said...

'I want my boy and I
Whosoever he is...
To walk hand in hand,
In comforting silence
Through the meandering roads
Of Prince Edward Island,
Along Lover's Lane,
And dream along the edge of the dRYAD'S bUBBLE
And trip across Viloet Vale,
And drown in the pleasures of
The Lake of Shining Waters

dryad said...

Violet vale#