Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Sleeping late and awaking at the wee sma's

I hope this kind of schedule does not do bad things to my system in the long run...but oh well, this won't last forever...I have a formal lesson observation in a couple of minutes. I am soothing my nervous fingers through typing. Teaching is one of the most taxing and demanding jobs on the planet. More so if you are always on task, alert and occupied, making lesson plans, creating resources, and of course conveying information in a simplified manner. I would think teaching higher levels is always easier...you do not have to modify your content knowledge to a comprehensible level.
But teaching is one of the most rewarding and necessary jobs on the planet. A teacher does teach every other profession. So, as the PhD beckons, I will cast it aside for a while. I have made up my mind to pursue a part-time PhD. No rush. I will banish the word RUSH from my dictionary. I will do things I love at the slow, leisurely pace of a lazily ambling horse. Okay, maybe I will trot about sometimes, but I shall never canter. As I type this out, I know that I'm speaking too soon.
Poetry and Prose will be my ever-long companions.

No comments: