Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Symphony of Silence

I have been Silent for a while. A long while. To be honest, I was numbed, numbed and sickened by what happened to a girl, only a little younger than me. I was shocked at the potential danger and violence lurking within human nature. I was sickened to hear of what happened to the poor, poor child. I can only pray. We can all only pray that each of us looks deep within, and that each of us, in our own special way, will try to become a better human being tomorrow, learning from our mistakes of today and yesterday. Because it is only through deep introspection and love of humanity, love for one another, can our society survive.
I have been bursting with a multitude of thoughts of late. But I buried them, buried them deep under the anguish and sorrow the past few days put all of us through, the suffering of an innocent, young, aspiration-filled, dream-filled girl.
Then there was the trip back to Kolkata. The thing about one's home city is that one never has to justify why one loves it. I cannot pin-point specific reasons, though there are many, to be sure. Meeting up with my Family, feeling Familiarity wrap itself tightly around me, like the blankets I used to ward off the Cold at Night, I feeling the gratifyingly scorching warmth of love, feeling the shivers of anticipation which trickled down my spine every time I went out to meet an old friend... I attended a Departmental reunion. I patched up with a dear friend and that was very gratifying. I attended weddings. I attended family reunions. Oh well.

No comments: